It is our policy at Learning Land Nursery to promote healthy eating to the children attending.
We will achieve this by:
· Providing a freshly cooked, healthy and low in salt balanced nutritious meal at lunch time and tea time.
· Vegetables are always a part of the balanced meal.
· Fresh fruit is always available for the children and is incorporated into most of our desserts.
· Wholemeal toast is offered to the children at morning snack.
· Children have access to fresh drinking water at all times throughout the day.
· We try to provide at least 3 out of 5 portions of fruit or vegetables per day.
· Fresh milk or milk shake is offered as a choice to the children at snack times.
· We do not use salt when cooking for the children.
· We always oven bake rather that fry our food.
· Health requirements and special dietary needs are always catered for.
· Children are offered an alternative if they dislike the meal offered.
· All our meals are homemade and do not contain any processed foods.
· Diluted fresh fruit juices are offered as a choice at lunch and tea times.
· We always encourage parents who are breastfeeding to continue if they wish by expressing and freezing breast milk.
· We have healthy snack lists which are used to ensure the children are offered a wide variety of multi-cultural snacks.
Naturally we need help from the parents and carers to maintain a healthy diet for children. As a setting we do what we can but without the help of parents and carers we will not be successful.
Tel: 01900 601222
Monday - Friday
08:00 - 18:00
Closed Bank Holidays
Please also use our contact form
Learning Land Nursery
65 Derwent Street
Learning Land Nursery will be closed for the following bank Holidays Friday 19th April 2019 and Monday 22nd April 2019 sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.