It is our policy at Learning Land Nursery to promote healthy eating to the children attending.
We will achieve this by:
· Providing a freshly cooked, healthy and low in salt balanced nutritious meal at lunch time and tea time.
· Vegetables are always a part of the balanced meal.
· Fresh fruit is always available for the children and is incorporated into most of our desserts.
· Wholemeal toast is offered to the children at morning snack.
· Children have access to fresh drinking water at all times throughout the day.
· We try to provide at least 3 out of 5 portions of fruit or vegetables per day.
· Fresh milk or milk shake is offered as a choice to the children at snack times.
· We do not use salt when cooking for the children.
· We always oven bake rather that fry our food.
· Health requirements and special dietary needs are always catered for.
· Children are offered an alternative if they dislike the meal offered.
· All our meals are homemade and do not contain any processed foods.
· Diluted fresh fruit juices are offered as a choice at lunch and tea times.
· We always encourage parents who are breastfeeding to continue if they wish by expressing and freezing breast milk.
· We have healthy snack lists which are used to ensure the children are offered a wide variety of multi-cultural snacks.
Naturally we need help from the parents and carers to maintain a healthy diet for children. As a setting we do what we can but without the help of parents and carers we will not be successful.